Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > got any API to read the exe file structure?

got any API to read the exe file structure?

James

Is that got any API to read the exe file then show all the detail inside
it? and able to do extract resource....

Roedy Green

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:01:39 +0800, "James" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
or quoted :

>Is that got any API to read the exe file then show all the detail inside
>it? and able to do extract resource....

You need to get a Windows Resource kit that has the formats, then go
chasing pointers using Random access to find the stuff of interest.
See http://mindprod.com/fileio.html

For simple stuff look at the assembler code in my utility
isWindows

see http://mindprod.com/products.html#ISWINDOWS

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Andrew Thompson

news:4004b112$(E-Mail Removed)...
| Is that got any API to read the exe file

A windows .exe, or .class/.jar?

But yes, java.io.File and Class.getResource
should do the trick.

|..then show all the detail inside
| it?

1) dunno, 2) Reflection

|..and able to do extract resource....

1) dunno, 2) if you packed the
..java in there, easy..

--
Andrew Thompson

James

nope
it is normal exe
not java to exe
it is normal window program, I need to get the resource and show it at
runtime.