Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > web hosting recommendation

web hosting recommendation

Hi all ,

I am now using lunarpages as my web hosting company. However, I am quite
surprised to find that it does not support hibernate. So I'd like to ask if
there is any good web hosting company recommendation with jsp / servlet /
war file support ?

Thanks.

Perseus

Ike

www.javapie.com.

THere are few products I could recommend as highly.

"j" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4003f851$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all ,
>
> I am now using lunarpages as my web hosting company. However, I am

quite
> surprised to find that it does not support hibernate. So I'd like to ask

if
> there is any good web hosting company recommendation with jsp / servlet /
> war file support ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Perseus

Roedy Green

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 21:54:46 +0800, "j" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote or quoted :

> I am now using lunarpages as my web hosting company. However, I am quite
>surprised to find that it does not support hibernate. So I'd like to ask if
>there is any good web hosting company recommendation with jsp / servlet /
>war file support ?

I can't answer your specific question, but I have compiled a list of
Java-friendly ISPs.

http://mindprod.com/jgloss/isp.html

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Arcadius A.

j wrote:
> Hi all ,
>
> I am now using lunarpages as my web hosting company. However, I am quite
> surprised to find that it does not support hibernate. So I'd like to ask if
> there is any good web hosting company recommendation with jsp / servlet /
> war file support ?

http://webhostingtalk.com/

Andrew Thompson

"j" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4003f851$(E-Mail Removed)...
| ...does not support hibernate.

What is 'hibernate'?

Mickey Segal

"Andrew Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:YW2Nb.11412$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is 'hibernate'?

http://www.hibernate.org/

Andrew Thompson

"Mickey Segal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:400563b3$0$6738$(E-Mail Removed)...
| "Andrew Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:YW2Nb.11412$(E-Mail Removed)...
| > What is 'hibernate'?
|
| http://www.hibernate.org/

Right, OO xtn to SQL.

Yeah, it's a pity LP (my host as well) does not
support it. Still, I have no immediate plans to
use the one DB I have access to, so hopefully
when I finally figure out something to use it for,
they'll have reconsidered..

Thanks Mickey.

--
Andrew Thompson

Mickey Segal

"Andrew Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:aYhNb.12442$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Right, OO xtn to SQL.
>
> Yeah, it's a pity LP (my host as well) does not
> support it. Still, I have no immediate plans to
> use the one DB I have access to, so hopefully
> when I finally figure out something to use it for,
> they'll have reconsidered..

Hibernate was new to me too but I started wondering what I was missing after
it was mentioned.

We also use Lunarpages. Aside from sparse documentation for using servlets
their service seems good. But users can take the initiative in doing
documentation, such as the Lunarpages part of
http://segal.org/java/servlets/start.html

newsadict

www.1and1.com is promoting free webhosting for 3 years currently. Must sign
till January 24th. They promised to introduce Java features this month. I
don't know though would it be for free.

"Mickey Segal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4005b19c$0$6762$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Andrew Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:aYhNb.12442$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Right, OO xtn to SQL.
> >
> > Yeah, it's a pity LP (my host as well) does not
> > support it. Still, I have no immediate plans to
> > use the one DB I have access to, so hopefully
> > when I finally figure out something to use it for,
> > they'll have reconsidered..

> Hibernate was new to me too but I started wondering what I was missing

after
> it was mentioned.
>
> We also use Lunarpages. Aside from sparse documentation for using

servlets
> their service seems good. But users can take the initiative in doing
> documentation, such as the Lunarpages part of
> http://segal.org/java/servlets/start.html

Roedy Green

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 21:27:55 GMT, "newsadict" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote or quoted :

>www.1and1.com is promoting free webhosting for 3 years currently. Must sign
>till January 24th. They promised to introduce Java features this month. I
>don't know though would it be for free.

The problem with free services is they generally insert ad content.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.