Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Jar file cannot find main class - gfSetup.jar (0/1)

Jar file cannot find main class - gfSetup.jar (0/1)

hiwa

James Alan Farrel wrote:
> Here is what the manifest looks like:
>
> Manifest-Version: 1.0
> Main-Class: gfSetup.gfSetupProg
> Created-By: Netbeans IDE

(1)Show the result of jar -tf for the jar file in question.

> I have one that works that looks like this

(2)Show the manifest file content.
(3)Show the result of jar -tf for that jar file.

James Alan Farrell

Hello all, and thanks to those who've helped.

It turns out the problem is a cheap (free) interpreter with unclear
error messages, and an incompetent programmer (you knew that, right?)

When I attempted to run the jar file I got the message "Could not find
main class." The problem was that I failed to include a utility
class, NOT the main class.

Sorry (blush)
James