Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > SOAP XML interface to database

SOAP XML interface to database

Lars Schouw

Guys and girls

How can I easy get a SPAP interface up and runing for my Sybase database.
The messages should be in XML format.

Is the easiest to use Jakata Struts http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/index.html

Regards
Lars Schouw

Wendy S

"Lars Schouw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> How can I easy get a SPAP interface up and runing for my Sybase database.
> The messages should be in XML format.

What is SPAP? Google came up with Secure Password Authentication Protocol?

> Is the easiest to use Jakata Struts

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/index.html

Struts is a framework for building web applications. Are you trying to
build a webapp that controls user authentication (and possibly
authorization)?

--
Wendy in Chandler, AZ

Lars Schouw

Sorry Meant SOAP.

"Wendy S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<bthb62$5js$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> "Lars Schouw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > How can I easy get a SPAP interface up and runing for my Sybase database.
> > The messages should be in XML format.

> What is SPAP? Google came up with Secure Password Authentication Protocol?
>
> > Is the easiest to use Jakata Struts

> http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/index.html
>
> Struts is a framework for building web applications. Are you trying to
> build a webapp that controls user authentication (and possibly
> authorization)?

Wendy S

"Lars Schouw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Sorry Meant SOAP.

Ahhh... then I think you want Apache Axis, not Struts. Although, if you
need a web-interface for users, Struts would be good for that part (it
handles HTML forms) and you could then send/receive SOAP messages from
supporting classes used in your Struts Actions.

In an ideal world, Struts should not know or care about your database, it
should just use objects that have 'read' and 'write' methods to get the data
it needs and send updates.

--
Wendy in Chandler, AZ

Lars Schouw

Wendy

Just found out that my GUI should be build in Swing.
What would be easy / good?

Lars

"Wendy S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<btudsa$t19$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> "Lars Schouw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> > Sorry Meant SOAP.

> Ahhh... then I think you want Apache Axis, not Struts. Although, if you
> need a web-interface for users, Struts would be good for that part (it
> handles HTML forms) and you could then send/receive SOAP messages from
> supporting classes used in your Struts Actions.
>
> In an ideal world, Struts should not know or care about your database, it
> should just use objects that have 'read' and 'write' methods to get the data
> it needs and send updates.

Wendy S

"Lars Schouw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Just found out that my GUI should be build in Swing.
> What would be easy / good?

Sorry... I don't do Swing. You might try comp.lang.java.gui for questions.
But if you keep the database access layer separate, you can write any number
of front-ends and keep reusing that code.

--
Wendy in Chandler, AZ