Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > HTML to XML Conversion - Difficulty with Tidy and TagSoup

HTML to XML Conversion - Difficulty with Tidy and TagSoup

Eric

I'm trying to convert html pages to xml and I'm having some difficulty
with the folowing:

1. I try to use Tidy but the html that I'm trying to convert to xhtml
has too many errors and so I spend a lot of time trying to "fix" the
html before running it through Tidy. I'm using Tidy with -asxml

2. I've tried using TagSoup with JDOM but the SAXBuilder internally
tries to set the namespace prefixes and TagSoup does not support that
internal feature.

I really would appreciate help from someone who has delt with having
to crank out lots of html from poorly formatted html. I appreciate
any help!

-Eric