Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Thread local socks proxy library for java?

Thread local socks proxy library for java?

Chorg

Hello all,
I am doing some work with socks proxies, and i am looking for a
library that would allow me to set my proxies on a per thread basis.

I am using java 1.4 for this, and i am aware that i can set the system
property to do this:

System.setProperty( "proxySet", "true" );
System.setProperty( "http.proxyHost", "xxx" );
System.setProperty( "http.proxyPort", "xxx" );

However, from my understanding, this would set a value for the entire
JVM. what i want is to set the proxy local to a thread. Can anyone
suggest some good libraries available to do this?

thx
chorg

A Baba

Rather than using the HTTP classes in JDK, try the Net package in Apache
Commons (http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/net/). This is a much better
libarary for HTTP access and supports Proxy server.

You don't pay to get spam, why pay to clean it
Visit http://www.spammarshall.com for details