Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Load file from server send to another

Load file from server send to another

Gary Mayor

Hi,
I'm a Perl programmer with a problem and I think the only way round it
is to use Java. I've trying to integrate my site with another site. My
site creates a html file and then i want the user to be able to click a
button that then sends that file to another server. Simple anough but
the problem is my server doesn't have the login details to login into
the other site. Instead the user has to login into the other site first
so the other site puts a cookie into the browser to let it know who has
logged in. So my server can't access the cookie details and so i can't
post it from server to server.

The only way to do it would be to use Java to load a file from my server
store in a variable then send to the other server as a file. This would
allow the other site to read it's cookie and put the file in the correct
account.

Is there a way to load a file from a server in Java?

Is there a way to then send that file to another server in Java?

All the above has to done in the browser due to cookie problems.

Any ideas anyone

Thanks

Gary