Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java Web Start - Microphone access

Java Web Start - Microphone access

Joel

I've packaged an application using JavaWebStart, unfortunately
it behaves a bit differently. I'm wondering if its largely because
of its need to access the microphone (recording). The documentation
doesn't seem to mention it, is this restricted (needs signing)?

http://www.harmonicagame.com/
Bendometer - How low can you bend?

Andrew Thompson

"Joel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6oRBb.572$(E-Mail Removed).. .

> I've packaged an application using JavaWebStart, unfortunately
> it behaves a bit differently.

(insert description of problem here)

> ...I'm wondering if its largely because
> of its need to access the microphone (recording). The documentation
> doesn't seem to mention it, is this restricted (needs signing)?

Your question is very vague. _What_ is the
problem you experience, or better still, where
is the URL that displays the problem?

--
Andrew Thompson

Joel

Its complaining it doesn't have "AudioPermission record".
Its not clear to me, can I ask for this permission, WITHOUT
signing the jar file?

"Andrew Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:lvRBb.48013$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Joel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:6oRBb.572$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >
> > I've packaged an application using JavaWebStart, unfortunately
> > it behaves a bit differently.

> (insert description of problem here)
>
> > ...I'm wondering if its largely because
> > of its need to access the microphone (recording). The documentation
> > doesn't seem to mention it, is this restricted (needs signing)?

> Your question is very vague. _What_ is the
> problem you experience, or better still, where
> is the URL that displays the problem?
>
> --
> Andrew Thompson
> * http://www.PhySci.org/ PhySci software suite
> * http://www.1point1C.org/ 1.1C - Superluminal!
> * http://www.AThompson.info/andrew/ personal site

Andrew Thompson

"Joel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:sXRBb.578$(E-Mail Removed).. .

Please do not top post, Joel.

> "Andrew Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:lvRBb.48013$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "Joel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:6oRBb.572$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > >
> > > I've packaged an application using JavaWebStart, unfortunately
> > > it behaves a bit differently.

> > (insert description of problem here)
> >
> > > ...I'm wondering if its largely because
> > > of its need to access the microphone (recording). The documentation
> > > doesn't seem to mention it, is this restricted (needs signing)?

> > Your question is very vague. _What_ is the
> > problem you experience, or better still, where
> > is the URL that displays the problem?

> Its complaining it doesn't have "AudioPermission record".
> Its not clear to me, can I ask for this permission, WITHOUT
> signing the jar file?

From the JavaDocs..
"This permission can enable an applet or
application to eavesdrop on a user."

So, to answer your question.

dumb answer) No.
smart answer) Sign the jar and there will be no problem.

HTH

--
Andrew Thompson