Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Need advice on implementing drag/drop rectangles in applet

Need advice on implementing drag/drop rectangles in applet

Ajay Patil

Hello,

I need the advice on how to implement drag/drop rectangles in an applet.

I can think of two approaches.
1. Use Java 2D and handle mouse events in the panel.
2. Draw each rectangle as a AWT/Swing component and let it handle its own
mouse events.

Can someone advice me which of the above approaches is better.

In the second approach, I was thinking that if I use a layout manager like
GridBagLayout, then I wont be able to control exact locations of the rectangles.

Your help/advice is appreciated.

Ajay