Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > WebLogic 6.1 execute threads and database connection pooling configuration

WebLogic 6.1 execute threads and database connection pooling configuration

Justin M

Hi,
We've had a question come up at my company about WebLogic 6.1's
execute thread and database connection pooling configuration. We know
from 5.1 that it was recommended to have at least one more execute
thread configured than pooled connections:

http://www.weblogic.com/docs51/techsupport/faq/ejb.html
(search for 'thread')

http://www.weblogic.com/docs51/admin...l#wls%20tuning
(search for 'safe')

Does this same bit of 'wisdom' still apply for 6.1 and beyond? The 6.1
documentation does not mention a similar limitation and states that
execute threads and database connection pools are independent...
Can anyone with some experience in these matters comment?
Thanks,
Justin