Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > JSP: pass data to request but not via request parameters?

JSP: pass data to request but not via request parameters?

Kai Grossjohann

I call a JSP via <c:redirect/>. I would like to pass a parameter to
that JSP that is not passed again when I hit the browser's reload
button.

My understanding is that this is not possible in a direct way. Is it?

(Currently, I put an object into the session before <c:redirect/>, and
the called JSP frobs a boolean in that object after it did its thing.
This accomplishes what I need, but I was wondering if I could avoid
using the session.)

Kai

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Kai Grossjohann) writes:

> This accomplishes what I need, but I was wondering if I could avoid
> using the session.)

No, the session is the only thing that the two displayings of the page
have in common.

Anton Spaans

The only way out i see is to use JavaScript.
Detect that the upload took place through a Refresh (or through any other
method than by pushing a button) and, if this is the case, change the
request-parameters to tell the server that a Refresh took place instead of a
regular submit.

-- Anton.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...