Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > set classpath when running tomcat as a service

set classpath when running tomcat as a service

Andy Fish

Hi,

I am using tomcat 4.1 on windows 2000.

If I start it up with startup.bat (i.e. to run in a command window) it runs
setclasspath.bat

however, if I run it as a windows service, it does not run the
setclasspath.bat script. Any ideas how I can set up the environment for
running as a service?

Thanks,

Andy

Ben Jessel

"Andy Fish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<Nv2zb.17494$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hi,
>
> I am using tomcat 4.1 on windows 2000.
>
> If I start it up with startup.bat (i.e. to run in a command window) it runs
> setclasspath.bat
>
> however, if I run it as a windows service, it does not run the
> setclasspath.bat script. Any ideas how I can set up the environment for
> running as a service?

I think services can be run under a specified user. You could create a
tomcat-user user, which has the classpath set in your system user
profile for the user.

Alternatively you could set the general system classpath. Though watch
out if you are using ant, an IDE etc, as you could get conflicts. I
think the seperate dedicated user with classpath set up is your best
bet.