Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Strange SocketTimeoutException

Strange SocketTimeoutException

sven abels

Hi everybody,
I got a strange SocketTimedoutException with a JSP-Application I wrote.

This application wants to grep some contentes from a server and throws an
exception:
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream. java:129)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream. java:182)
[...]

The sourcecode works with other addresses so I tought it might be a problem
with the http-address but this address can be reached when using wget or
lynx
on the same server.
Furthermore, the Webapplication works fine with the address on my own
machine
and the code itself worked some days before even on this server (I just
changed a
completely different file) .
I already restarted my servlet-container for a couple of times, but that
didn't change
thing.

Can someone give me a tip?

thanks,