Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > javadoc Linking Classes

Reply
Thread Tools

javadoc Linking Classes

 
 
Bryan R. Meyer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-18-2003
Suppose I have source files a.java, b.java, and c.java that I wrote
myself.

c.java has a constructor that takes an instance of class a as a
parameter.

When I run javadoc, there is no link to the documentation page for the
a class in the class c constructor on the c documentation page (where
the a class instance is a parameter).

How do I fix this? I know how to link the regular documentation from
the Sun website, but I can't figure out how to get my own classes to
link together.

Thanks,
Bryan
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Michael Borgwardt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-18-2003
Bryan R. Meyer wrote:
> Suppose I have source files a.java, b.java, and c.java that I wrote
> myself.
>
> c.java has a constructor that takes an instance of class a as a
> parameter.
>
> When I run javadoc, there is no link to the documentation page for the
> a class in the class c constructor on the c documentation page (where
> the a class instance is a parameter).
>
> How do I fix this? I know how to link the regular documentation from
> the Sun website, but I can't figure out how to get my own classes to
> link together.


Run Javadoc on all the classes at the same time, not separately.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Bryan R. Meyer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-18-2003
Michael Borgwardt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Run Javadoc on all the classes at the same time, not separately.


I did this. I ran the following command:

javadoc -link http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.4.2/docs/api *.java

but no link to my own classes.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bryan
 
Reply With Quote
 
Michael Borgwardt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-19-2003
Bryan R. Meyer wrote:

>>Run Javadoc on all the classes at the same time, not separately.

>
>
> I did this. I ran the following command:
>
> javadoc -link http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.4.2/docs/api *.java
>
> but no link to my own classes.
>
> Any ideas?


The classes probably need to be placed in a package. Using the unnamed default
package is appropriate only for very small quick'n dirty programs, not for anything
you'd need an API doc for.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Javadoc quirks -- linking to anchor within package summary? John Ersatznom Java 9 01-06-2007 03:09 AM
Solution: linking classes using their derived pointer types (type-safe!) ivan.leben@gmail.com C++ 0 09-06-2006 09:29 PM
Getting linking error: not found in vtable (Trying to understand whats wrong the way I did my classes?) g35rider@gmail.com C++ 1 08-17-2006 05:10 PM
RDOC Question -- including parent class accessors, and linking other classes John Wilger Ruby 3 11-13-2004 05:10 PM
Standalone Javadoc Editor Linus Nikander Java 0 09-10-2003 11:04 AM



Advertisments