Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Calling javac and jar from a Java class

Calling javac and jar from a Java class

Tasos Kotsikonas

Can anyone please point me to documentation on calling
com.sun.tools.javac.Main and com.sun.tools.jar.Main?

Looking at the ant code for javac helps a lot, but I am
looking for full-blown documentation somewhere...

tia

-t

Harald Hein

"Tasos Kotsikonas" wrote:

> Can anyone please point me to documentation on calling
> com.sun.tools.javac.Main and com.sun.tools.jar.Main?

There is no official one. google for inofficial ones.

Alan Meyer

Marty Hall published free source code for a java class that
can be used to execute a program at the OS level. I've tried
it successfully on Solaris.

See
http://www.apl.jhu.edu/~hall/CWP-Sou.../Exec/Exec.jav

http://www.apl.jhu.edu/~hall/CWP-Sou.../Exec/Exec.htm
l for the javadoc documentation.

Also see: http://archive.corewebprogramming.com/ for more his goodies.

Alan

"Tasos Kotsikonas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Can anyone please point me to documentation on calling
> com.sun.tools.javac.Main and com.sun.tools.jar.Main?
>
> Looking at the ant code for javac helps a lot, but I am
> looking for full-blown documentation somewhere...
>
> tia
>
> -t

Roedy Green

http://mindprod.com/jgloss/javacexe.html