Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > J2ME with Eclipse

J2ME with Eclipse

Joerg Lensing

Hi NG,
I want to develop,debug J2ME-Apps with Eclipse 2.1.1. Which steps do I have to
do?

tx joerg

Bjoern

Joerg Lensing wrote:
> Hi NG,
> I want to develop,debug J2ME-Apps with Eclipse 2.1.1. Which steps do I have to
> do?

Download and install

- Java SDK 1.4.x
- Eclipse
- Sun's Wireless Toolkit
- jakarta ant and stampysoft j2me ant tasks
- bytecode obfuscator (don't know what is the standard)
- other vendors development toolkits (Nokia, Siemens, Sharp,...)
- cvs

In Eclipse you can define the J2ME class library for your projects. With
ant you have to create some j2me-specific tasks to preverify, obfuscate
and package your Midlet. Actually stampysoft is only needed to update
the size of the jar-File in the jar-File. Use the WTK's preverify
executable with ant's exec task.

HTH

Bjoern

--

Let's not weep for their evil deeds,
but for their lack of imagination

Darryl L. Pierce

Bjoern wrote:

> Joerg Lensing wrote:
>> Hi NG,
>> I want to develop,debug J2ME-Apps with Eclipse 2.1.1. Which steps do I
>> have to do?

> Download and install
>
> - Java SDK 1.4.x
> - Eclipse
> - Sun's Wireless Toolkit
> - jakarta ant and stampysoft j2me ant tasks
> - bytecode obfuscator (don't know what is the standard)

I would recommend ProGuard. Great code reduction results in my experience,
far better than Retroguard.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <(E-Mail Removed)>
Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://mypage.org/mcpierce>

Dumboo

hi there,

"Joerg Lensing" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi NG,
> I want to develop,debug J2ME-Apps with Eclipse 2.1.1. Which steps do I

have to
> do?

you would be requiring J2ME SDK from Sun, which comes with emulator
you would be requiring J2ME Plugins from spitech.