Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Pixels colorvalue in an image.

Pixels colorvalue in an image.

Peter the Swede

Best groupmember,

I'm working with my thesis in Physics and are doing some programming
in Java. I have a map (gif-image) that for a specific pixel I need to
find out what RGB-value it has. I will further use it for
classification, but that is of no importance here.

I have the picture as an Image object

Image myImage = Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().getImage(URL);

Can I from my Image-object get the information that I need. Anyone
that at least can give me an hint where to go to solve the problem.

I would appreciate any answer.