Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Defeating Pop-up stoppers please?

Defeating Pop-up stoppers please?

Bill

Hello Programmers,
I am looking for either Java Script (OR HTML etc)
to DEFEAT Pop-up Stoppers

e.g It will bring up a window that will
LOOK like a Pop-up
FEEL like a Pop-up
Allow a name and e-mail entry
BUT is not affected by Popup Stopper, PopUp Killer etc

Bill

Christophe Vanfleteren

Bill wrote:

> Hello Programmers,
> I am looking for either Java Script (OR HTML etc)
> to DEFEAT Pop-up Stoppers
>
> e.g It will bring up a window that will
> LOOK like a Pop-up
> FEEL like a Pop-up
> Allow a name and e-mail entry
> BUT is not affected by Popup Stopper, PopUp Killer etc
>
> Bill

And multiposting will definitely not help you.

--
Regards,
Christophe Vanfleteren

Sergio Juan

This must be kind of a "profesional disease", spawning posts like popups....

In the other hand, I suggest an alert that displays a message "Please
deactivate your popup stoppers so I can annoy you with publicity you do
neither desire nor need". Maybe it will work.

Regards.

"Christophe Vanfleteren" <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje
news:a73sb.17702$(E-Mail Removed)-ops.be...
> Bill wrote:
>
> > Hello Programmers,
> > I am looking for either Java Script (OR HTML etc)
> > to DEFEAT Pop-up Stoppers
> >
> > e.g It will bring up a window that will
> > LOOK like a Pop-up
> > FEEL like a Pop-up
> > Allow a name and e-mail entry
> > BUT is not affected by Popup Stopper, PopUp Killer etc
> >
> > Bill

> And multiposting will definitely not help you.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Christophe Vanfleteren

Harald Hein

"Christophe Vanfleteren" wrote:

> And multiposting will definitely not help you.

He is a spammer. What do you expect?

In fact, jaring.my is a known spam shithole for years, and has earned
nice cosy places in blocklists around the world.

Bill

I'm actually an Australian in Malaysia.
I had no idea what I was stepping into when I made that OP!
I also did not express my intentions clearly!
We live and learn!
Bill
PS - the e-mail I address I used is an old one I no longer use!
I was expecting spam!

"Harald Hein" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "Christophe Vanfleteren" wrote:
>
> > And multiposting will definitely not help you.

> He is a spammer. What do you expect?
>
> In fact, jaring.my is a known spam shithole for years, and has earned
> nice cosy places in blocklists around the world.

noone

Bill wrote:

> I'm actually an Australian in Malaysia.

And am an Asian living in Australia ...

> I had no idea what I was stepping into when I made that OP!

You mean, you have not heard of the outcry against pop-up ads ?

> I also did not express my intentions clearly!

Your intention is quite obvious, as per the subject line of your OP.

Bill

By the way, anyone wanting to e-mail me, the e-mail address given is
disused.
It gets so much spam I no longer use it.
I hope no-one has tried to e-mail me personally
Bill

Harald Hein

"Bill" wrote:

> I'm actually an Australian in Malaysia.

Who cares? A spammer is a spammer, independent of nationality.

> I had no idea what I was stepping into when I made that OP!

Oh sure not. You know the official spammer rules?

Rule #1: Spammers lie.
Rule #2: If a spammer seems to be telling the truth, see Rule #1.
Rule #3: Spammers are stupid.

Recently
(http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...cow%40giganews
..com&output=gplain) ammended by:

Rule #0: Spam is theft.
Rule #4: The natural course of a spamming business is to go bankrupt.

Should we really discuss which one applies to you?

> I also did not express my intentions clearly!

Oh, It was very obvious. You want to harrass and anoy people with
advertising. And, you want to do so by stealing resources from your
victims.

> We live and learn!

It has proven again and again that spammers are incapable of learning
(Rule #3). I bet we will see you again in the spamming business.

> PS - the e-mail I address I used is an old one I no longer use!

I would have been surprised if it would even be your address, and not
some identity theft.

> I was expecting spam!

Also typical for spammers. "I hate spam as much as the next guy. Spam
is what the others do.".

Please excuse me now. I have to take a shower. Talking to a spammer
makes me feel dirty.

Joona I Palaste

Bill <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled the following:
> By the way, anyone wanting to e-mail me, the e-mail address given is
> disused.
> It gets so much spam I no longer use it.
> I hope no-one has tried to e-mail me personally
> Bill

Now look here, a spammer complaining about how much spam he gets.

"Stronger, no. More seductive, cunning, crunchier the Dark Side is."
- Mika P. Nieminen

Justin Kaeser

> e.g It will bring up a window that will
> LOOK like a Pop-up
> FEEL like a Pop-up
> Allow a name and e-mail entry
> BUT is not affected by Popup Stopper, PopUp Killer etc

Assuming you don't want to use this as spam.. have you considered that
people using popup stoppers will be the first to immidiately kill your
popup and most likely not be willing to enter their eMail into the
form?

Perhaps you may want to rethink your design. If you just want a new
window to open, why not use some construct such as <a
href="xyz.zy/form.html" target="_new_window">click here for a form</a>
(if i remember my html correctly)

This will be unobtrusive and most likely serve your purpose, unless
you are one of those spammers wanting to annoy the hell out of people,
hehe. Because honestly, I have yet to come across a use of popups that
enhanced usability of a website....

Defeating pop-up stoppers? Bill Java 10 01-03-2004 04:37 PM
Defeating pop-up stoppers please? Bill Javascript 51 12-15-2003 10:30 PM
Defeating Pop-up stoppers please? Bill HTML 71 11-14-2003 09:12 PM
Defeat popup stoppers? Bill HTML 30 11-14-2003 07:26 AM
Defeating Popup Stoppers Bill Java 6 11-07-2003 01:56 PM

Advertisments