Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Netbeans has Java search like Eclipse?

Netbeans has Java search like Eclipse?

vnssoftware

Does Netbeans have Java search like Eclipse.
For example knowing how many classes implement xyz interface.

Thanks!

vnssoftware

No reply. So I guess NetBeans does not provide this. DO they have plans?
Any other open source tool that provides this.
Thanks!

Andrew Thompson

"vnssoftware" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> No reply.

No post. I did not see one anyway.

> So I guess NetBeans does not provide this. DO they have plans?
> Any other open source tool that provides this.

All I understand so far is something about search
and IDE's (one might guess searching java source).
???

--
Andrew Thompson

vnssoftware

This is for Java Source Search.
for Example- How many classes implement xyz interface; Which classes
have xyz method?
It is not file based search.
Eclipse provides this, but I wanted to know if NetBeans does or is
planning.
Also, any other independent free tool that you think is good.
"Andrew Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<HMbub.14885$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> "vnssoftware" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> > No reply.

> No post. I did not see one anyway.
>
> > So I guess NetBeans does not provide this. DO they have plans?
> > Any other open source tool that provides this.

> All I understand so far is something about search
> and IDE's (one might guess searching java source).
> ???

nos

unix grep
MS find

"vnssoftware" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> This is for Java Source Search.
> for Example- How many classes implement xyz interface; Which classes
> have xyz method?
> It is not file based search.
> Eclipse provides this, but I wanted to know if NetBeans does or is
> planning.
> Also, any other independent free tool that you think is good.
> "Andrew Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<HMbub.14885$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > "vnssoftware" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> > > No reply.

> > No post. I did not see one anyway.
> >
> > > So I guess NetBeans does not provide this. DO they have plans?
> > > Any other open source tool that provides this.

> > All I understand so far is something about search
> > and IDE's (one might guess searching java source).
> > ???

vnssoftware

grep and find are searching by text.
"nos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<dZxub.241609$Fm2.241286@attbi_s04>...
> unix grep
> MS find
>
> "vnssoftware" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > This is for Java Source Search.
> > for Example- How many classes implement xyz interface; Which classes
> > have xyz method?
> > It is not file based search.
> > Eclipse provides this, but I wanted to know if NetBeans does or is
> > planning.
> > Also, any other independent free tool that you think is good.
> > "Andrew Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> news:<HMbub.14885$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > > "vnssoftware" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> > >
> > > No post. I did not see one anyway.

> > > All I understand so far is something about search
> > > and IDE's (one might guess searching java source).
> > > ???

nos

so you are searching compiled class files?
cute

"vnssoftware" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> grep and find are searching by text.
> "nos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> > unix grep
> > MS find
> >
> > "vnssoftware" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > > This is for Java Source Search.
> > > for Example- How many classes implement xyz interface; Which classes
> > > have xyz method?
> > > It is not file based search.
> > > Eclipse provides this, but I wanted to know if NetBeans does or is
> > > planning.
> > > Also, any other independent free tool that you think is good.
> > > "Andrew Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> > news:<HMbub.14885$(E-Mail Removed)>...

vnssoftware

"nos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<%_Oub.249860$Fm2.259939@attbi_s04>...
> so you are searching compiled class files?
> cute

Yes its cute. You are not getting me.
X class implements Y interface
W interface extends Y interface
If you do text search for Y iterface you will get X, W as result.
If you do Conceptual Search- who implements Y interface, you will get
only X as result. For more info, install Eclipse and see Java Search.
I hope you understand now.