Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > focus with multiple JOptionPane.showInputDialog calls

focus with multiple JOptionPane.showInputDialog calls

Joseph M. DeAngelo

This must be simple but I can't get it. I have a simple standalone
java program that tries to issue more than one input request from a
Windows user. Here's the source:

import javax.swing.*;

public class focus
{
public static void main(String [] args)
{
String line;
JOptionPane pane ;

pane = new JOptionPane();
line = pane.showInputDialog("Prompt1");
line = pane.showInputDialog("Prompt2");

System.exit(0);

}
}

The first prompt brings up a dialog box that has keyboard input focus.
If I type in some data and hit enter, the 2nd input dialog comes up
but does not have the input focus. Is there any way to avoid having
to tap the mouse button?
I'm not a java programmer and am just trying to help someone else thru
a programing course.

Thanks....