Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Internet cafe

Internet cafe

Kin

Hi, i am writing a program which can maintain internet cafe(cyber
cafe).
I have 6 clients connected to a server.
Currently timing is monitored manually but I want to write a java
application that can monitor the time for each client connection.
Secondly I need to know how to disconnect the client from their
connection to the server when time is up.
I am aware that internet http connection are on port 80 but I am
confused about how to stop a client from using the shared internet
using this java application.

Alex Hunsley

Kin wrote:

> Hi, i am writing a program which can maintain internet cafe(cyber
> cafe).
> I have 6 clients connected to a server.
> Currently timing is monitored manually but I want to write a java
> application that can monitor the time for each client connection.
> Secondly I need to know how to disconnect the client from their
> connection to the server when time is up.
> I am aware that internet http connection are on port 80 but I am
> confused about how to stop a client from using the shared internet
> using this java application.

Your stated problem is far too vague - I can sort of get the idea - but
it sounds like you haven't even got a solid grasp of the concepts
involved in a cybercafe infrastructure. At an educated guess, most
cybercafes of the type you describe (that cut off network access when a
terminal is unpaid for) work at a routing level, be it software or
hardware routing. It's not a case of some java program just coming along
and stopping shared internet access.

It also sounds a bit like you're reinventing the wheel - there is 3rd
part cybercafe software already out there that can be bought.

alex