Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Error: <identifier> expected

Error: <identifier> expected

Robert Stiff

Hello,

I have just tried to get an array as a parameter to a constructor for a
class of mine. However when I try to assign a public array to equal the one
in the parameter I get this error.

Error: <identifer> expected.

I am using BlueJ, if anybody has heard of that? I think it might be
something to do with BlueJ, because, frankly, BlueJ sucks.

Thanks

Rob

Gordon Beaton

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 12:26:12 +0000 (UTC), Robert Stiff wrote:
> I have just tried to get an array as a parameter to a constructor
> for a class of mine. However when I try to assign a public array to
> equal the one in the parameter I get this error.
>
> Error: <identifer> expected.
>
> I am using BlueJ, if anybody has heard of that? I think it might be
> something to do with BlueJ, because, frankly, BlueJ sucks.

Yes, I'm sure that you can only get that error when using BlueJ.

It could not conceiveably have anything to do with code statements
outside of any method or constructor, missing semicolons, or anything
else that you might have done in your code. Good thing you didn't post
it, or someone might have falsely accused you of making an error like
that.

/gordon

Harald Hein

"Robert Stiff" wrote:

> I am using BlueJ, if anybody has heard of that? I think it might be
> something to do with BlueJ, because, frankly, BlueJ sucks.

With your analytic skills you should give up your studies at Newcastle
and consider a career in used care sales, selling insurance polices or
mugging old ladies. Your talent is clearly wasted on this programming
thing.