Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Recording Audio on a PDA

Recording Audio on a PDA

Iain Reid

Hi All,

Does anyone know how I can record Audio in a Java Application on
Windows CE?

I currently have a Java Application that records audio on my laptop
(using JMF). Having recently got an iPAQ with Jeode I was looking to
port my app onto the iPAQ. However there doesn't seem to be a Windows
CE version of JMF.

The other option I can see is to use the more complicated Java Sound
which comes with SDK 1.3 and above. However Jeode is an
implementation of PersonalJava which only covers SDK 1.2 and below.

I have looked around for other Java Virtual Machines which will
support SDK 1.3 on Windows CE and I can't seem to find any.

There must be a way of recording audio on my iPAQ. Even if it means
purchessing a 3rd party API. Any help greatly appreciated!

-Iain