Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Trouble while saving copy pasted Text from MS Word into JSP page. Saves with "?" chars in Oracle

Trouble while saving copy pasted Text from MS Word into JSP page. Saves with "?" chars in Oracle

Dhara

HI!
I am working on a java application and am having some issues while
copy pasting text from word documents into oracle database from a jsp
page. When characters like bullet format are copy pasted into the
text area they are getting saved with "?" characters. When this text
is emailed to users using SMTP host, the mails are going as an
attachment instead of a text. This is because, I believe the SMTP
host is treating the "?" as some spl characters. I also see the
following msg in the email when it goes as an attachment:

"This message uses a character set that is not supported by the
Internet Service. To view the original message content, open the
attached message. If the text doesn't display correctly, save the
attachment to disk, and then open it using a viewer that can display
the original character set.
"

I just need some help to filter MS Word format's like bullets in the
copy pasted text before saving it to the database. Any help would be
greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Radha

nos

try pasting into notepad first then copy/paste from notepad

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...

Excel chart pasted in Word Flele MCITP 1 11-26-2009 08:10 PM
Pasted data from Microsoft Word Jon Delano ASP .Net 0 09-28-2006 12:54 PM
How to filter out rude messages pasted into emails SS Computer Support 2 08-06-2006 03:18 AM
Grabbing single ASCII values pasted into a text area Kermit Piper Javascript 1 03-12-2006 12:50 AM