Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Vertical Menu Bar

Vertical Menu Bar

Dean Clowe

Hi, I am trying to find a Menu Bar applet that I can use in a applet
which will hold hundreds of menu options on about 30 submenus. I want
to go with a vertical style menu along the left side (similar to the
start menu in windows). With the large number of options on each
menu I want it to slide out to the right and if there is too many
options to show vertically, I would like to have another column show
(similar to how Windows shows two or three columns on the start menu
when you have too many programs to display, even though they are
really on the same level of the menu under the same parent node).

The menu I need also needs to have the capability to be loaded via
it's methods as the data is built on the fly by my applet, and it
needs to allow for custom event handlers so that I can do what I need
to when a submenu node or a node is reached.

I'm not having much luck finding anything like this, I've spent days
searching to no avail, most stuff is for websites and is loaded via
XML or Text files, and some stuff just doesn't look good or doesn't
have a smooth scroll.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dean