Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > how to debug java in unix command line

how to debug java in unix command line

William Shieh

Hi,

Is there any tool that I could debug java in unix command line like gdb?

Thanks,
Will

David Zimmerman

William Shieh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any tool that I could debug java in unix command line like gdb?
>
> Thanks,
> Will

jdb

Craig A. Mattocks

"William Shieh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Is there any tool that I could debug java in unix command line like gdb?

http://gcc.gnu.org/java/gdb.html

kzvikzvi1 kzvikzvi1 is offline
Junior Member

I am not sure if there is a gud tool available. We have been debugging on java with several good commands like

pstack, jstack, jmap ... More details on these commands can be found at
Quote:
linux-faq.blogspot.com/2008/12/debugging-java-on-unixlinux-my-favorite.html