Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Help trace runtime error

Help trace runtime error

Asad Khan

Hi,

I wrote a few methods in a class, and I am using someone else's code that
interfaces with the database. I created some test classes, and when I run
it, I get the following error:

*********************C:\Program Files\DrJAVA
org.jdom.JDOMException: SAX2 driver class
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser not found: SAX2 driver class
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser not found
at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:32 3)
at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:34 0)
at database.Database.interpretConfig(Database.java:84 )
at database.Database.connect(Database.java:53)

so on and so forth. I have added JAR files in DR JAVA (the IDE I'm using)
but that doesn't seem to help. Any ideas what's going on?

BTW, I'm running J2SE (1.4.x).

Thanks.

Christophe Vanfleteren

Asad Khan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wrote a few methods in a class, and I am using someone else's code that
> interfaces with the database. I created some test classes, and when I run
> it, I get the following error:
>
> *********************C:\Program Files\DrJAVA
> org.jdom.JDOMException: SAX2 driver class
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser not found: SAX2 driver class
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser not found
> at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:32 3)
> at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:34 0)
> at database.Database.interpretConfig(Database.java:84 )
> at database.Database.connect(Database.java:53)
>
> so on and so forth. I have added JAR files in DR JAVA (the IDE I'm using)
> but that doesn't seem to help. Any ideas what's going on?
>
> BTW, I'm running J2SE (1.4.x).
>
> Thanks.

It is very simple, you do not have the xerces parser in your classpath.

Are you sure that xercesImpl.jar or something like that is in your classpath?
And what JDK are you using? The way the xml parsers are found/used have
changed with JDK 1.4.

--
Regards,
Christophe Vanfleteren