Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > New to Netbeans

New to Netbeans

Andre Arpin

I am trying to debug a simple applet using netbeans:

How do I get the parameters that are read by getParameter initialized.

I am working from an existing applet from found on the web. Most of the code
is really obvious except for the use of the letter f in rather unexpected
places.

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/j...orFadeBar.html

ex:
if (x < (_iHpoints f 3))
_iTextDirection = LEFT;
else if (x > ((2 * _iHpoints) f 3))

where iHpoints is an int. the Netbeans compiler object to this syntax is
this old syntax that has been deprecated.

How could I translate this code.

Thanks in advance

Andre

Andre Arpin

"Andre Arpin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am trying to debug a simple applet using netbeans:
>
> How do I get the parameters that are read by getParameter initialized.

edit the html file generated by netbeans in the same directory as the applet
and
add the param info in the applet tag
ex:
param TEXT="This is a test"

> I am working from an existing applet from found on the web. Most of the

code
> is really obvious except for the use of the letter f in rather unexpected
> places.
>
> http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/j...orFadeBar.html
>
> ex:
> if (x < (_iHpoints f 3))
> _iTextDirection = LEFT;
> else if (x > ((2 * _iHpoints) f 3))
>
> where iHpoints is an int. the Netbeans compiler object to this syntax is
> this old syntax that has been deprecated.
>
> How could I translate this code.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Andre

Eclipse vs. Netbeans. Netbeans is winning me over almost at first glance. Thomas G. Marshall Java 2 10-16-2006 02:54 AM
How to add a new Global Menu in NetBeans Platform application thakkardevang@gmail.com Java 0 05-06-2006 05:16 PM
[NETBEANS] [EVALUATION] - E12 - The NetBeans Open Source Lie Ilias Lazaridis Java 0 12-12-2004 02:41 PM
New to NETBEANS - HELP Avraham Java 6 10-21-2004 10:20 PM
Building a GUI using NetBeans platform (not Netbeans IDE !) Pimousse Java 2 04-21-2004 07:22 AM

Advertisments