Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > hosting several domain names off J2EE server

hosting several domain names off J2EE server

Andrew Thompson

I want to have several domain names all operate
off the one Java enabled server, but retain distinct URL's.

I set-up a 'parked' domain for athompson.info, but
when I visit the page at http://www.athompson.info/properties.jsp
the URL shows as athompson.info in the address bar, but
physci.org in the requestURL..

Since my intent was to serve up different pages according
to the "address in the browser's address bar", I am
wondering how to get that information. Can it be done?

Do I instead need to 'add-on' (as opposed to parking)
the domains?

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.lensescapes.com/

Ben_

You need to investiguate:
- how to configure Virtual Hosts
- how to attach an application to a Virtual Host

Andrew Thompson

"Ben_" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f9a6812$0$1126$(E-Mail Removed) t.net...
> You need to investiguate:
> - how to configure Virtual Hosts
> - how to attach an application to a Virtual Host

Thanks Ben, with your info I Googled my way to..
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/vhosts/ which seems
to fit the requirement.

Tah.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.lensescapes.com/

Ben_

Yes, this is a must read for Apache.

And what is your J2EE container ?

Andrew Thompson

"Ben_" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f9a719f$0$1130$(E-Mail Removed) t.net...
> Yes, this is a must read for Apache.
>
> And what is your J2EE container ?

If I understand your question (and the jargon)
correctly, Tomcat.

Else..??

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.lensescapes.com/

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen

"Andrew Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Since my intent was to serve up different pages according
> to the "address in the browser's address bar", I am
> wondering how to get that information. Can it be done?

Yes: The browser must send Host header when sending the request (all
newer do), and the server must send Location header (that's where your
code comes in).