Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > HL7 and HAPI

HL7 and HAPI

Dan

Hello,

I am trying to write an HL7 wrapper in my Java app. I have stumbled
across HAPI, which seems to have everything I need. However, the only
thing I can find with regards to documentation of HAPI is the Java
Doc. This is great and all, but I would really like a bit more, such
as examples. There are a few on their site,
http://hl7api.sourceforge.net/, but they are very basic. I need
something a bit more.

Has anyone emplemented anything using HAPI? Are there any good
examples online anywhere? Has anyone maybe found a better tool than
HAPI? I have found references to different tools, but HAPI seems to
be the most common.

Seeing as how I know very little about HL7 and HAPI, I could use
whatever help you can offer.

Thanks
Dan

Dan

Anyone? Come on, if you know anything about HAPI I would greatly
appreciate some extra insight ... or even a good place to get free HL7
documentation. I have much of it working, and I am sure I will have
what I need done soon, but it would be nice to have a broader
understanding than what is the minimum requirement.

Thanks again
Dan

Sudsy

Dan wrote:
> Anyone? Come on, if you know anything about HAPI I would greatly
> appreciate some extra insight ... or even a good place to get free HL7
> documentation. I have much of it working, and I am sure I will have
> what I need done soon, but it would be nice to have a broader
> understanding than what is the minimum requirement.
>
> Thanks again
> Dan

Maybe you're not getting any responses because the focus of HL7
is so narrow that few people are using it? You're blazing the
trail here; don't be surprised that others aren't familiar with
a niche messaging system.

Gordon Beaton

On 15 Oct 2003 06:02:59 -0700, Dan wrote:
> Anyone? Come on, if you know anything about HAPI I would greatly
> appreciate some extra insight ... or even a good place to get free
> HL7 documentation. I have much of it working, and I am sure I will
> have what I need done soon, but it would be nice to have a broader
> understanding than what is the minimum requirement.

You are more likely to find people with domain knowledge in e.g.
sci.med.informatics or one of the other sci.med.* newsgroups. Lots of
programmers read those groups too.

/gordon

ASP.Net and HL7 Chris Davoli ASP .Net 0 02-18-2009 11:34 PM
working of HAPI hl7 Software 0 03-17-2008 06:02 AM
HL7 v3 - New to developement - Please help Taz XML 0 10-12-2005 10:36 AM
java with HL7 opportunity John murray via JavaKB.com Java 0 05-10-2005 09:17 PM
java with HL7 opportunity John murray via JavaKB.com Java 0 05-10-2005 09:10 PM

Advertisments