Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Sorted Array

Sorted Array

Rick

Hi,

I need to sort an array of ints, but I can't find a "sort()" method
anywhere. Can someone suggest a good solution? Thanks

Rick

Gordon Beaton

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 18:15:23 +1000, Rick wrote:
> I need to sort an array of ints, but I can't find a "sort()" method
> anywhere. Can someone suggest a good solution? Thanks

Where did you look? The JDK documentation contains an index that lists
more than 20 different sort() methods.

Almost all of them are in java.util.Arrays:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/...il/Arrays.html

/gordon

Roedy Green

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 18:15:23 +1000, Rick <rrquick@nospam-com> wrote or
quoted :

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/sort.html

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

ak

Roedy,

I think that mindprod should be renamed to mindspam.

Regards

Andrei

"Roedy Green" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 18:15:23 +1000, Rick <rrquick@nospam-com> wrote or
> quoted :
>
> >I need to sort an array of ints, but I can't find a "sort()" method
> >anywhere. Can someone suggest a good solution? Thanks

> see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/sort.html
>
> --
> Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Roedy Green

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 00:58:09 +0200, "ak" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
or quoted :

>I think that mindprod should be renamed to mindspam.

I gave that guy a specific reference that answers his problem. That is
not spam.

To learn about what spam is see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/spam.html

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

George W. Cherry

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 00:58:09 +0200, "ak" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> or quoted :
>

> >I think that mindprod should be renamed to mindspam.

> I gave that guy a specific reference that answers his problem. That is
> not spam.
>
> To learn about what spam is see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/spam.html
>

> --
> Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

LOL!

Brian S O'Neill

Ditto on LOL!

George W. Cherry wrote:

> "Roedy Green" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 00:58:09 +0200, "ak" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>>or quoted :
>>

>>>I think that mindprod should be renamed to mindspam.

>>I gave that guy a specific reference that answers his problem. That is
>>not spam.
>>
>>To learn about what spam is see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/spam.html
>>

>>--
>>Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
>>Coaching, problem solving, economical contract programming.
>>See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jgloss.html for The Java Glossary.

> LOL!

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen

"ak" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> I think that mindprod should be renamed to mindspam.

Well of course you do, you're a mindless dolt who doesn't know what
spam is.

Harald Hein

"ak" wrote:

> I think that mindprod should be renamed to mindspam.

Oh sure it is not just envy? You offer your programming service in in
"c to Java" discussion here in c.l.j.p you demonstrate very few Java
knowledge.

Roedy also offers his programming service, but has some clue and
provides us with our unofficial FAQ. Now, who looks like an idiot, and
who like a pilar of the community?

Phil...

kids play nice you are wasting my time

sorted and shifted array Vols C++ 4 06-02-2008 03:40 PM
Is it possible to delete an element from a sorted array with O(1) time? =?utf-8?B?5YiY5piK?= C++ 13 08-20-2007 07:23 PM
Converting a HashMap<String, Thing> into a sorted array qu0ll Java 8 10-22-2006 01:46 PM
remove double entries from a sorted array ebc C Programming 6 08-03-2005 03:52 PM
multiple select with JFileChooser always returns sorted Array of File Cengiz Java 5 02-03-2004 02:57 PM

Advertisments