Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Swing question: Supported platforms (newbie)

Swing question: Supported platforms (newbie)

Richard

Experience: Clueless newbie

I'm not having much luck deciphering the 'supported platform' and
'system requirements' pages on the Sun site regarding running Swing
apps.

I'm trying to figure out where I'll be able to run a Swing app, and
what's got to be installed on the machine in order to run it.

It'd be nice to run it on everything from Mac Classic and Win95 on up
to current OSes, but from what I've read so far I've got better odds
of winning the lottery than getting that to work.

Anyway, a clear description or a link to one greatly appreciated.

--
Clark '04.

Missaka Wijekoon

Swing is supported by a JDK (version 1.2, I think). As long as that JDK
or above will run on Win 9X/NT/2000/2003, Mac OS 9/X, *NIX, AS400,
etc... your Swing code will be portable.

Richard wrote:
> Experience: Clueless newbie
>
> I'm not having much luck deciphering the 'supported platform' and
> 'system requirements' pages on the Sun site regarding running Swing
> apps.
>
> I'm trying to figure out where I'll be able to run a Swing app, and
> what's got to be installed on the machine in order to run it.
>
> It'd be nice to run it on everything from Mac Classic and Win95 on up
> to current OSes, but from what I've read so far I've got better odds
> of winning the lottery than getting that to work.
>
> Anyway, a clear description or a link to one greatly appreciated.

Missaka Wijekoon (a.k.a. Misk) http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Sr. Software Engineer http://www.villageEdocs.com
VillageEdocs

Shane Mingins

"Missaka Wijekoon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2C6fb.25077$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Swing is supported by a JDK (version 1.2, I think). As long as that JDK
> or above will run on Win 9X/NT/2000/2003, Mac OS 9/X, *NIX, AS400,
> etc... your Swing code will be portable.

How will Swing run on an AS400?

Shane

--
(E-Mail Removed)hes

remove clothes before replying

"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most
intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." --- Charles Darwin