Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > OT:Domain Names and WHOIS

OT:Domain Names and WHOIS

Curt King

I'm sorry to post off-topic, but I couldn't think of anyone else to ask:

Anyone who wants to know my name, address, etc. can do a WHOIS search on my
domain and get all of that info. Does anyone know of a domain name registry
service that keeps that information private??

Does anyone have any recommendations on keeping that info private? Is it
something I should worry about?

Again, sorry to have posted off-topic, but thanks for your patience.

Thanks,
Curt

Sajjad Lateef

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 01:06:51 +0000, Curt King wrote:

> Anyone who wants to know my name, address, etc. can do a WHOIS search on my
> domain and get all of that info. Does anyone know of a domain name registry
> service that keeps that information private??
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations on keeping that info private? Is it
> something I should worry about?

Not that I know of. My registry email address is on many spam lists
due to the InterNIC registration. I get 99% spam on that address.

What I did is use an email alias for domain name registration which I can
filter out. As for postal address, I give them my ISP's office address.

Roedy Green

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 01:06:51 GMT, "Curt King" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote or quoted :

>Anyone who wants to know my name, address, etc. can do a WHOIS search on my
>domain and get all of that info. Does anyone know of a domain name registry
>service that keeps that information private??

Go find one of the offbeat domains that is only provided by a single
company, and ask them.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/domain.html

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.