Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > finding source jsp from web page

finding source jsp from web page

news.amnet.net.au

Hi

I would like to find the source jsp that creates a particular web page which
happens to be past of Oracle Portal (which is very large and complex). Is
there any easy way to "trace back" the source jsp from a particular web
page?

Thanks

Hugo

=?Windows-1252?B?UmH6bA==?=

> Hi
>
> I would like to find the source jsp that creates a particular web page which
> happens to be past of Oracle Portal (which is very large and complex). Is
> there any easy way to "trace back" the source jsp from a particular web
> page?

JSP pages are compiled and executed in the server, therefore it is impossible to get the source code from a client

Gerbrand van Dieijen

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 14:01:34 +0800, news.amnet.net.au wrote:
>Hi
>
>I would like to find the source jsp that creates a particular web page which
>happens to be past of Oracle Portal (which is very large and complex). Is
>there any easy way to "trace back" the source jsp from a particular web
>page?

A jsp will be (automatically) converted to a servlet, .java file.
Where this files is located depends on your application server.

If you use Linux/Unix you could use the locate or find command to find the
file (like locate \*myjspfilewithoutjspextesion\*.java, \ before * is
needed so the * gets passed on the locate command instead of being
expanded by the shell).

--
Gerbrand van Dieijen