Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > signed applet - security warning popup

signed applet - security warning popup

ts

I have signed my applet with a test certificate and packaged it in a
cab file. Everytime I visit the page with the applet, I get a security
warning popup indicating that it was signed by a test certificate.
While I am waiting for the real certificate from our vendor, I am just
wondering if I would also get the popup EVERY time I visit the page
with the real cert? If yes, if there a way to have it popup only once?
Thanks for your help.

TS

VK

In this pop-up there is an option "Always trust...". If the end user turns
it on before click Ok, the signer certificate will be added to the list of
"super-trusted" certificates. After that all programs signed with this
certificate will be granted by default without asking (and pop-up).
It's purely the end-user decision, you have no control over it.

ts <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have signed my applet with a test certificate and packaged it in a
> cab file. Everytime I visit the page with the applet, I get a security
> warning popup indicating that it was signed by a test certificate.
> While I am waiting for the real certificate from our vendor, I am just
> wondering if I would also get the popup EVERY time I visit the page
> with the real cert? If yes, if there a way to have it popup only once?
> Thanks for your help.
>
> TS

ts

Hi,
Thanks very much for your reply.
Yes, when using the test cert, I did notice the checkbox in the popup.
However, the checkbox only appears in the popup after I issued the
"setreg 1 true" command.
My understanding is that this command forces the client to trust the
test root, which is pretty much the same thing as having my CA in the
list of "Trusted Root CA" in my browser setting when I do get the real
cert.
So is it correct to say that the first time I get the popup with the
REAL cert, I should have the checkbox?

Rgds,
TS