Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Object Allocation on the Heap

Object Allocation on the Heap

EKL

Hi,

How do I check where in the program is object allocated from the heap? Can
a profiler do this? If so, which one and how do I use it? Thanks.

ekl

Robert Olofsson

EKL ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote:
: How do I check where in the program is object allocated from the heap? Can
: a profiler do this? If so, which one and how do I use it? Thanks.

If I understand you correctly you want to know the method that
allocated an object. That information is something that profilers can
give you.

Try one of:
hprof, jmp, optimizeit(?), jprofiler(?), jprobe(?)
Google for where to find them....

/robo