Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > [Oracle] "CREATE JAVA SOURCE" via ODBC?

[Oracle] "CREATE JAVA SOURCE" via ODBC?

Wojciech Maruszek

Hello,

I have an Oracle 9 database with ODBC drivers.
I want to create a Java stored procedure.
I have written the following statement:

CREATE JAVA SOURCE NAMED SimpleClass AS
public class SimpleClass
{
public static int is_positive(int number) {
return (number >= 0) ? 1 : 0;
}
}

The problem is that curly braces {} and question mark ?
have special meaning for ODBC. My statement executes correctly
when I switch to other drivers (like OCI). To make it work
properly under ODBC, I have to modify Java source
(e.g. replace ? : clauses with if's).

Unfortunately, I have to stay with ODBC drivers.
How to solve the problem?