Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Video-on-demand with Java Media Framework

Video-on-demand with Java Media Framework

Marek Berkan

Hello.

I have a question: by using Java and the Media Framework Package can you do
something like a video-on-demand, working in the following manner:

* server (Java daemon) has a pool of mpg files and awaits for client
demands,
* the server can handle an unlimited number of connections simultaneously
(java application or and applet),
* every client can demand to play any file from any location,
* every client can control the playing file, meaning stop it, continue, move
to a desired place.

I'll be grateful for opinions or links where I could find more information.

Best regards
Marek Berkan

P. Flavin

You can play multiple animated video clips ( .mov, .mpg, .avi )

in a browser and allow the user control of starting, stoping,
replaying the animation, and actually controlling the speed.

Some of these video clips were created with Java from 3d models
using VRML and Java3d and animations from the US Navy PGS,
US NIST, and US NSF research projects including Fingerspelling.

Human Animation: NSF Finger Spelling: VRML & Java3d & JMF
http://home.rochester.rr.com/javajav...g_nsf_jmf.html

http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/...ing_java3d.gif
http://home.rochester.rr.com/javajav...lling_cvid.mov
http://home.rochester.rr.com/javajav...ingerspell.mov

http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/..._and_vrml.html

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...r.nyroc.rr.com

Java Video Player ( Java Media Framework - JMF ) in browser.
http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/...sis_tutor.html

Marek Berkan wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have a question: by using Java and the Media Framework Package can you do
> something like a video-on-demand, working in the following manner:
>
> * server (Java daemon) has a pool of mpg files and awaits for client
> demands,
> * the server can handle an unlimited number of connections simultaneously
> (java application or and applet),
> * every client can demand to play any file from any location,
> * every client can control the playing file, meaning stop it, continue, move
> to a desired place.
>
> I'll be grateful for opinions or links where I could find more information.
>
> Best regards
> Marek Berkan

Human Animation in a browser of Web3d.org's VRML Avatars
http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/...s_working.html

-- Paul, Java Developer & Web Animator.
---------------------------------------
Imaging the Imagined: Modeling with Math & a Keyboard

Michael Meyer

hi,

the JMF does not support Video-on-demand because it has no server side RTSP
support. You have to add this manually. You can have a look at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/streamp2p . You will find a server which is
based on JMF (download from cvs or take the binaries). You can try streaming
with jpeg files (use jmstudio to create them).

Michael

Michael Meyer wrote:

> the JMF does not support Video-on-demand ...

http://www.xasa.com/grupos/comp/arti...comp.lang.vrml

Well, except where it does support it ...

This plays multiple video streams and can play them
without waiting for the whole thing to download
( as I've just re-verified on Linux with Mozilla ):

View Multiple Videos ( you choose ) with Java Media Framework

( "Gait Analyis" Motion Capture for 3d simulation )

http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/...sis_tutor.html

http://home.rochester.rr.com/javajav...ase01/back.mov
http://home.rochester.rr.com/javajav...se01/front.mov
http://home.rochester.rr.com/javajav...se01/right.mov

http://home.rochester.rr.com/javajav...g_nsf_jmf.html
http://home.rochester.rr.com/javajav...lling_cvid.mov
http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/...asl_jen_az.wrl

This plays at the users control any of several
views of a girl walking for the purpose of
Motion Capture for 3d modeling of Gait Analysis.

Double click on "Right", "Front", "Back",
and you can also control the __ Speed __.

Your proposed solution ( below ) is probably
better for large file sizes, but I know with
absolute certainty that the JMF can play
multiple video streams at the users command
because this program does it.

You can create Movies from VRML animation files with
Java3d and play them with the Java Media Framework.

Michael Meyer wrote :

> the JMF does not support Video-on-demand
> because it has no server side RTSP support.
>
> You have to add this manually.
> You can have a look at
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/streamp2p
>
> You will find a server which is based on JMF
> download from cvs or take the binaries).
> You can try streaming with jpeg files
> (use jmstudio to create them).
>
> Michael

http://www.xasa.com/grupos/comp/arti...comp.lang.vrml

Web3d.org's VRML Avatars can be animated in a browser
with Sun's Xj3d / VRML Loaders, in a browser.

The criminal fraud of Justin Couch and Sandy Ressler
in harms deaf children, hurts US industry, and Web users.

|------------------------------------------------------------
| in your browser, without a plug-in.
|
| New: VRML Finger Spelling + Java3d + JMF --> Video
|
| Sun's VRML Loaders create VRML animation in a browser:
|
| NSF Fingerspelling for the Deaf rendered with Java3d
|
| creating a GIF animation and a ".mov" video clip you can see
|
| in a web page with the Java Media Framework, and you can
| control the speed of the video play-back ( using Sun's JMF ).
|
| Human Animation: NSF Finger Spelling: VRML & Java3d & JMF
| ---------------------------------------------------------
http://home.rochester.rr.com/javajav...g_nsf_jmf.html

http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/...ing_java3d.gif
http://home.rochester.rr.com/javajav...lling_cvid.mov
http://home.rochester.rr.com/javajav...ingerspell.mov

| Finger Spelling Avatar: You Pose with your VRML plug-in
| ------------------------------------------( VRML EAI Java )
http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/HAnimPoser.html
http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/...asl_jen_az.wrl
http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/...s_avatars.html
^-- For more information on H-Anim Avatars, Norman Badler, & Babski

| Criminal fraudsters at Yumetech.com, the US NIST, & Prentice-Hall
| have betrayed their professional obligations and our community
| and our country and falsely & fraudulently claimed the
| Sun VRML Loaders cannot animate Web3d.org's VRML based H-Anim Avatars:
|
| They Can ! They Do !
|
| The Great Australian Programmer claims everyone on
| the Java3d-list but he & all American Programmers are too stupid
| to animate Web3d.org's H-Anim with Java3d using Sun's Loaders.
|
| Don't believe the lies from Justin Couch & Prentice-Hall.

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...r.nyroc.rr.com

-- Paul, Java Developer & Web Animator
Imaging the Imagined: Modeling with Math & a Keyboard

Annoucement:XX Framework 1.0 Released - XML-Centric Java App Framework David Moskowitz XML 6 02-23-2006 11:36 AM
XX Framework 1.0 Released - XML-Centric Java App Framework David Moskowitz Java 3 02-23-2006 01:15 AM
Java Media Framework m Java 1 05-17-2004 02:32 PM
[Java Media Framework] Pb when removing video : audio stops Laurent ADROIT Java 3 04-29-2004 08:22 AM
Java Media Framework - Won't Play MP3 - Codecs? Jason Teagle Java 8 02-08-2004 07:07 AM

Advertisments