Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Callstack question

Callstack question

Jacob

I'm doing text localization, and my locale
managing class is responsible for handing
out text strings based on tags.

The tags/strings are kept in resource
bundles within each package.

The API is like this:

String getText (Package package, String tag)

My question is this: Can I do this *without*
the package parameter? The parameter is used
to locate the bundle, but the package is
*always* the package of the object calling
getText(). So if I could investigate the call
stack inside getText() I should be able to
get this information implicitly.

Can I do this? Is throwing an exception a
possible/recommended approach?

Thanks!