Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > non-java files with Java Web Start?

non-java files with Java Web Start?

Frank D. Greco

Can JWS handle updating non-java files as well as java?
Part of a java program that I want to deploy has some .dll's
for a browser component that I am using.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Frank G.

Roedy Green

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 22:33:38 -0400, Frank D. Greco
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or quoted :

>Can JWS handle updating non-java files as well as java?
>Part of a java program that I want to deploy has some .dll's
>for a browser component that I am using.

You can put the dlls in a jar, and use the nativelib tag in the JNLP
file to get the contents put on the library path.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Roedy Green

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 22:33:38 -0400, Frank D. Greco
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or quoted :

>Can JWS handle updating non-java files as well as java?
>Part of a java program that I want to deploy has some .dll's
>for a browser component that I am using.

See http://www.vamphq.com/os.html
For a list of the possible os and arch parameters you can specify.

You can specify different jars for different platforms.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/javawebstart.html for sample uses.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Frank D. Greco

Roedy Green <(E-Mail Removed)> sez:

>On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 22:33:38 -0400, Frank D. Greco
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or quoted :
>
>>Can JWS handle updating non-java files as well as java?
>>Part of a java program that I want to deploy has some .dll's
>>for a browser component that I am using.

>See http://www.vamphq.com/os.html
>For a list of the possible os and arch parameters you can specify.
>
>You can specify different jars for different platforms.
>
>See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/javawebstart.html for sample uses.

Thanks Roedy!

Frank G.

| Crossroads Technologies Inc. |