Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > J2ME and XML

J2ME and XML

Oz Mortimer

Hi There,

Is there any way that I can display an XML page within a J2ME application?

Many Thanks
Oz.

Darryl L. Pierce

Oz Mortimer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Is there any way that I can display an XML page within a J2ME application?

What do you mean by "display"? Show the XML itself? Sure, use a TextBox.
Syntax hilight it? For that, you'd need to write your own UI widget or
look for where someone had written one already.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <(E-Mail Removed)>
Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/c/mcpierce>

Oz Mortimer

Actually what I meant was WML - I want to display a WML page within J2ME as
if it was viewed in a browser!.... is this possible?

Oz.
"Darryl L. Pierce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com...
> Oz Mortimer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Is there any way that I can display an XML page within a J2ME

application?

> What do you mean by "display"? Show the XML itself? Sure, use a TextBox.
> Syntax hilight it? For that, you'd need to write your own UI widget or
> look for where someone had written one already.
>
> --
> Darryl L. Pierce <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/c/mcpierce>
> "What do you care what other people think, Mr. Feynman?"

Darryl L. Pierce

Oz Mortimer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Actually what I meant was WML - I want to display a WML page within J2ME as
> if it was viewed in a browser!.... is this possible?

Yeah, you just have to write your own WML rendering engine. You can use
the standard LCDUI widgets for the interface, but the parsing and
dynamic form generation would be up to you; there's no API in the MIDP
to do it.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <(E-Mail Removed)>
Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/c/mcpierce>

awesome_slayer awesome_slayer is offline
Junior Member

sir...I am developing an application in which when an option from ChoiceGroup.EXCLUSIVE is chosen, using if condition i want to generate a textbox in a form....can you help me with this...thanking you in advance