Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > The best way to update a collection in a struts page using "logic:iterate"

The best way to update a collection in a struts page using "logic:iterate"

Zhao

In my ActionForm, I used ArrayList, as a property, to hold a
collection of query result rows from db and each row is stored in the
ArrayList as a
Java object with many fields. I display the collection using tag
<logic:iterate>. Some of fields appear as text field in the table on
the jsp
page. Users will make some modification and click a submit button so
that
the form is sent back to the server.

My questions are:

- What is the best way to obtain the modified data in the Action?

- Should I give each row a numbered name so that I can access them
them as parameters?
- Or is there any better solution in Struts to deal with
collections?

thanks