Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > sending a file via smtp

sending a file via smtp

ElesSar

how would you go about using smtp. I know how to use the server and
serverSocket classes but have no idea how to use anything but tcp/ip or
the server name. I want to send a data file from a application to a email
address and then let another app read the data and send it back via email.

I know that you will use the smpt ports and according to my research it's
port 25.

if anybody has any idea how you will do this let me know.

thanks.

David Rabinowitz

You would like to check the JavaMail extention
http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/

David

news:bk499h$q3s$(E-Mail Removed)...