Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: Newbie question: Any good resources on Java programming?

Re: Newbie question: Any good resources on Java programming?

Hugo Pragt

The best book I have ever read on java is Bruce Eckel's. you can get it
electronical here : http://64.78.49.204/
(www.bruceeckel.com). The man is a King!

Hugo

"Timberwolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi everyone
>
> I'm a newbie to the world of Java programming.
> I'm especially interested in Java internet programming and
> Java database programming.
>
> Can anyone recommend some good books or websites
> about the topic?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best Regards,
> Gary Hendricks
> http://www.desktop-video-guide.com

Marco Schmidt

Hugo Pragt:

>The best book I have ever read on java is Bruce Eckel's. you can get it
>electronical here : http://64.78.49.204/
>(www.bruceeckel.com). The man is a King!

The original article originates from some kind of bot:
<http://groups.google.com/groups?as_epq=newbie%20question%20any%20good%20res ources&as_uauthors=timberwolf>.
It posts "Newbie question: Any good resources on $TOPIC" plus some
topic-specific additional sentence to all kinds of newsgroups.

Regards,
Marco

Larry Coon

Hugo Pragt wrote:

> The best book I have ever read on java is Bruce Eckel's. you can get it
> electronical here : http://64.78.49.204/
> (www.bruceeckel.com). The man is a King!

Before anybody else answers -- you're dealing with a troll.
Here's a post on rec.sport.basketball.pro, and I've seen more
on other newsgroups:

------------------

Subject: Newbie question: History of the NBA
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 02:16:40 +0800
From: "Timberwolf" <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.basketball.pro

Hi everyone

I'm new to the world of professional basketball.

I'd like to find out more about the history of
the NBA, can anyone recommend some good books or websites
about the topic?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Gary Hendricks
http://www.desktop-video-guide.com

Pretty silly way of getting your website out there, but to each
his own I guess....

Larry Coon
University of California