Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java host

Java host

Ike

Does anyone know of a decent 3rd party host for Servlets/Jsp's ?

Also, if I wanted to set up a server on the internet for such, Since I have
Apache running, do I HAVE to install Tomcat to allow servlets, jsps? Does
Tomcat run inside of Apache, or does it replace it?

Please give your thoughts on this - I'm looking for the easiest, fastest
route. -Ike

Alex Molochnikov

Tomcat does not replace Apache (although it comes with built-in web server),
but can run side-by-side with it, working together.

If your Apache server runs under W2K or Win XP, you may find this link
helpful:

http://www.johnturner.com/howto/winxp-howto.html

HTH

Alex Molochnikov
Gestalt Corporation

"Ike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:T449b.11167$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...
> Does anyone know of a decent 3rd party host for Servlets/Jsp's ?
>
> Also, if I wanted to set up a server on the internet for such, Since I

have
> Apache running, do I HAVE to install Tomcat to allow servlets, jsps? Does
> Tomcat run inside of Apache, or does it replace it?
>
> Please give your thoughts on this - I'm looking for the easiest, fastest
> route. -Ike

Roedy Green

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 20:21:07 GMT, "Ike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or
quoted :

>Does anyone know of a decent 3rd party host for Servlets/Jsp's ?

for a list of JSP friendly ISP's see
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/isp.html

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.