Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Newbie. How to start Studio One 4.0 on Red Hat 9.0

Newbie. How to start Studio One 4.0 on Red Hat 9.0

Sphenxes

Hi Everyone

I am Newbie to linux and Studio One. I have already installed Studio One in
my home directory however, I can not start the program. I do not know which
file will launch the program.

--
Regards

Hesham Marei
----

Erwin Moller

Sphenxes wrote:

> Hi Everyone
>
> I am Newbie to linux and Studio One. I have already installed Studio One
> in my home directory however, I can not start the program. I do not know
> which file will launch the program.

goto the bin directory and execute the file called runide.sh

If you installed it all correctly, the IDE will be launched.

But before this happens you should have installed Java itself.
Maybe the installer did that for you, I am not sure.
Please also check you have the ENV-var set for JAVA_HOME and the path to
include your java/bin directory (Not the bindirectory of Netbeans/FFJ)

Good luck,
Erwin

Sphenxes

Hi Erwin

Thank you for your instruction. It was helpful and without it I could not
start the program. I followed the /bin/runide.sh path and the program was
launched without any problems.
Thanks once again

--
Regards

Hesham Marei
----

"Erwin Moller"
<since_humans_read_this_I_am_spammed_too_much@spam yourself.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:3f5855e6$0$49117$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...