Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Does a GUI have to be square?

Does a GUI have to be square?

kingpin

Hi,

I'm developing an application, and would really like to create a gui that is
not completely square.

My idea was to design something in photoshop as a kind of frame for the gui.
Is this at all possible with java?

Thanks.

Thomas Weidenfeller

"kingpin" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> I'm developing an application, and would really like to create a gui that is
> not completely square.

This has been discussed several times here. Search an archive of this
group. Short answer: Not without ugly hacks or platform specific
extensions.

/Thomas

Andy Fish

of course it doesn't have to be square

it can be a rectangle of any proportions you like ))))

(sorry for being pedantic)

news:bj1ep8$abj$(E-Mail Removed)...