Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Cross platform Java to non-Java communication

Cross platform Java to non-Java communication

Alan

Can anyone give me some tips on how I might perform efficient, fast
and secure "medium/high" volume bursts of XML type data across
platforms (Unix to Windows) from Java into a non-Java (probably C#)
languages.

JMS could be used to communicate between two Java processes - but I
don't know if JMS is efficient enough (does it compress the data on
the way?). SOAP is another alternative - but is this likely to be
slow?

Alternatives could be to just FTP compressed XML files over - but this
seems a little old fashioned and a little laborious.

Security is another issue - it has to be a secure transfer.

Any thoughts?