Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > software

software

yuen

I use java to write a software. I compile and run the program in command
mode. However, almost all programs can be launched by just clicking an icon.
How can I design the installer and let my software detect the existence of
java and allow my software run properly?

Morten Nørgaard

"karl wettin" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i en meddelelse
news:(E-Mail Removed) rge.net...
> On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 19:04:22 +0800
> "yuen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I use java to write a software. I compile and run the program in command
> > mode. However, almost all programs can be launched by just clicking an

icon.
> > How can I design the installer and let my software detect the existence

of
> > java and allow my software run properly?

> You can try InstallAnywhere, for instance.

Java Web Start is another choice. It's free of charge, downloadable from
Sun's web site.

/Morten

Thomas Weidenfeller

"yuen" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> I use java to write a software. I compile and run the program in command
> mode. However, almost all programs can be launched by just clicking an icon.

On some operating systems yes, on others not.

> How can I design the installer and let my software detect the existence of
> java and allow my software run properly?

Search the Sun web site and an archive of this group for the following
keywords, which might be what you want:

- Executable Jars / Executable Java Archives

- Java Web Start / JWS

/Thomas