Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Developer Wanted

Developer Wanted

Andrew Kingsley

Developer Wanted

Please forgive me for writing uninvited.

For a simple, small but innovative new software product. The core concept
is fully developed and documented. The product could be written in any
language although it must be maintainable, extensible, efficient and
accurate. My ideal developer will have real-time systems skills and know
how to write an ODBC driver. The project is most likely to suit an
entrepreneurial developer looking for a marketing partner. I expect core
product development to take less than 100 days. Target revenues are very
big.

Please email me directly if you are interested in this project.

Andrew

Harald Hein

"Andrew Kingsley" wrote:

> The project is most likely to suit an
> entrepreneurial developer looking for a marketing partner.

In other words, you are looking for an idiot working for penuts or free
while you wear the suit and tie and play the big boss and bussines man,
driving a German sports car.

Roedy Green

On 29 Aug 2003 05:24:53 GMT, Harald Hein <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or
quoted :

>> The project is most likely to suit an
>> entrepreneurial developer looking for a marketing partner.

>In other words, you are looking for an idiot working for penuts or free
>while you wear the suit and tie and play the big boss and bussines man,
>driving a German sports car.

Did you ask the guy what the deal was before leaping to this
conclusion? Perhaps he is willing to put up substantial marketing
bucks, perhaps some up front money to the programmer.

I wrote CurrCon which displays prices on web pages in the reader's
home currency, without requiring any server side code. I sold a grand
total of ZERO copies. However, the lawyer from Oanda, where I was
getting my daily exchange rates heard about it and wrote and told me
to desist.

I wrote a bulk emailer that is much simpler to use that the
traditional ones. I sold a grand total of two copies.

I worked a multiuser spreadsheet bean that did all kinds of marvelous
things. The catch was there was no money to market it.

Perhaps marketing guys to help is not such a totally dumb idea.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Virgil Green

news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 29 Aug 2003 05:24:53 GMT, Harald Hein <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or
> quoted :
>
> >> The project is most likely to suit an
> >> entrepreneurial developer looking for a marketing partner.

> >In other words, you are looking for an idiot working for penuts or free
> >while you wear the suit and tie and play the big boss and bussines man,
> >driving a German sports car.

> Did you ask the guy what the deal was before leaping to this
> conclusion? Perhaps he is willing to put up substantial marketing
> bucks, perhaps some up front money to the programmer.
>
> I wrote CurrCon which displays prices on web pages in the reader's
> home currency, without requiring any server side code. I sold a grand
> total of ZERO copies. However, the lawyer from Oanda, where I was
> getting my daily exchange rates heard about it and wrote and told me
> to desist.

Purely out of curiosity... did he demand that you desist because you were
using their exchange rates or because it was competing with their product?

http://www.oanda.com/products/fxcomm...kconvert.shtml